Quinoa is a grain with a little more protein than some others.
Adapted from several recipes
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil (any heart healthy oil like olive oil will be fine)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 7 cups red quinoa – cooked
- 3 oz package pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh herbs of your choice
- 2 cups packed baby arugula
- optional about 3 to 4 oz of organic sharp cheddar cheese in tiny (about ¼ to 1/8 inch) cubes
Rinse and cook a 16 oz package of Red quinoa per the package directions however adding the teaspoon of cinnamon in the water.
In a bowl, mix 7 cups of the cooked quinoa with arugula, onions, raw pine nuts, oil and fresh herbs I used marjoram and rosemary from my garden. Season with ½ teaspoon salt or to taste.
I served with the cheese on the side.