We had an everything on stick cooking club at my house with points for purple food. Here is my dish. If you are missing the State Fair like me cook something on a stick. Also, there is still time to grill in Minnesota.
- 1/2 cup smooth, unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons PURPLE Moon Shiraz
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I would add more next time)
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow squash 1 –inch chunks
- Start grill
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the peanut butter is mixed in. Place the cubed tofu in the sauce and marinate for 90 minutes.
- Remove the tofu from the sauce, then thread the tofu and vegetables onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 30 minutes 300 (I have an electric grill) turning several times and brushing liberally with the peanut sauce. Drizzle any additional sauce over the skewers just before serving. Side of hot crushed red pepper flakes would add some more zip to the dish.