This is a new version of a recipe I make quite often in the summer. The apple cider vinegar gives it a tangy taste. Serves 2 to 3 and can easily be doubled.
- 4 cups cubed yams or sweet potatoes (about two)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh sweet marjoram leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon green onions, diced
Peel potatoes and halve. Cut lengthwise into ¾ to 1 inch wedges, then cut wedges crosswise into 3/4 to 1 inch pieces. Roast potatoes in 400 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Cook until potato pieces are browned and just a little crisp.
While potatoes are cooking, mix together mustard, vinegar, marjoram, oil and onions in a large bowl. Add hot potatoes to dressing and gently toss to combine. Cool salad to room temperature and add and pepper salt to taste.
You can use parsley or oregano but a fresh sweeter herb works best with the sweet potatoes or yams. You can also use red or white potatoes . This recipe is pictured with a veggie burger and roasted red peppers.